3 Headlines That Will Sell Your Art Fast
May 7, 2018 Jessica 0 Comments
Are you an artist who is trying to get your online sales up? Maybe you want to create and sell your art for a living but are having some trouble getting sales to where they need to be in order for you to quit your day job. If this describes you, you need to focus on writing great headlines. (Yes, headlines can help to get your art sold!). Read on to find out exactly what headlines to use on your website, blog, or newsletter to sell your art fast.
Why Headlines are So Important to Selling Art
What’s the big deal about writing the “right” headlines when attempting to sell art? Basically, a headline is the first thing readers see, and it will either entice them to read further or not. The key is to write a headline that grabs their attention.
“The oft-repeated statistic is that 8 out of 10 people will read the headline, but only 2 out of 10 will read the rest of the copy. The headline is there to get them to read the rest of that copy – that’s its sole purpose, in fact – so if it’s not compelling, the rest of the blog post or article or sales page or website page you’ve written, will, unfortunately, be ignored.” — Art Storefronts Blog
3 Headlines That Will Sell Your Art Quickly
Don’t waste another minute writing headlines that don’t get art buyers’ attention. Here are three examples of headlines that will encourage readers to keep reading and hopefully buy your art:
1. “Looking for a piece of art that can put you in a great mood?” — This headline will grab readers’ attention because it asks a compelling question. Who wouldn’t want to read more about a piece of art that has the potential to shift one’s mood from bad to good? This headline, or one like it, will encourage readership of your newsletter, blog, or website.
2. “Artwork that makes the perfect gift for anyone” — This is a great headline for selling art because it promises a benefit. Almost everyone buys gifts, and the majority of that population wants the gifts to be memorable. Any headline that promises a benefit your art holds for humanity may boost sales.
3. “How to find the perfect piece of art for your home in 3 steps” — This headline is attractive because it will appeal to the many individuals who love to decorate. It is also effective because it promises a step-by-step formula to finding the ideal piece of artwork for any reader’s haven. When writing the body of the content, be sure to bullet-point those steps, and you will be in business.
What “Headline Formula” Do You Use to Sell Your Art?
Is there a specific “headline formula” that helps you sell your personal artwork? If so, feel free to share with us in the “comments” section below.
Read our latest Segmation blog posts…
- 4 Former U.S. Presidents Who Loved to Paint
- The 5 Periods of Berthe Morisot’s Artwork
- What is the Feminist Art Movement?
Be an Artist in 2 minutes with Segmation SegPlay® Mobile (see more details here)