Liven Up Your Home Decor with Pops of Color in 2019
January 30, 2019 Jessica 0 Comments
It’s a new year, and everyone wants a fresh start. That’s why millions of people around the world are making and trying to stick with New Year’s resolutions. Freshening up your home decor is one of the easiest and most fun resolutions to make and keep.
Does your home need a new look?
Giving Your Home a Quick Makeover Is Good for Your Health
The way your home looks has a profound impact on your emotions. “By using the psychology of interior design, you can easily become more comfortable in your home. Small changes to colors, layout, and fabrics can easily improve your mood and evoke positive feelings,” stated Psychology of Interior Design: How Decor Affects Your Emotions at Home.
For many people, barren walls can be depressing. And the vast majority of individuals react, either positively or negatively, to the colors in their home. To lift your mood, give your home a quick makeover using colors that make you feel great.
Colors That Will Refresh Your Home and Lift Your Mood in 2019
One of the best ways to liven up your home and get the new year off to a great start is by using pops of color in your decor. Here are a few colors you might consider using and why (according to Freshome):
1. “Red: Symbolizes power and passion. It can be used to warm up spaces and make them feel more intimate.
2. Yellow: Associated with happiness, creation, and creativity. It works well in combination with a calming neutral and in rooms with lots of natural light to create a peaceful environment.
3. Green: Known for its soothing qualities. Green is the perfect choice for a foyer or entryway because it eases the transition from the outdoors.
4. Blue: Perpetuates feelings of calm and freshness. It’s a good fit for high traffic areas like kitchens and bathrooms.”
Which of these colors appeals to you most?
Touches of Color Make All the Difference
If you don’t have the time or money to repaint entires rooms in your house or buy a new duvet, for example, use pops of color by painting an accent wall or buying a few colored pillows for your bed. These may seem like small touches but they can have a positive impact on your outlook this year.
Other ideas for making over your home little by little include painting your bookshelves, doors (or door edges), and mirror borders. Also, adding stick-on wallpaper to bookshelves or cabinets will go a long way toward livening up your living space.
What colors would you love to integrate into your home decor in 2019?
Read More Segmation Blog Posts:
- 4 Ways to Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions for 2019
- 3 Simple New Year’s Resolutions for Artists
- Celebrating Over 100 Years of Christmas Lights
Be an Artist in 2 minutes with Segmation SegPlay® Online (see more details here)