What Does Your Favorite Color Reveal About Your Personality?
March 18, 2019 Jessica 0 Comments
Everyone has a favorite color. Some people even have a signature color. Your favorite hue reveals a lot about who you are as a person. If you’ve ever sensed there was a correlation between your favorite color and your personality, you were right.
What Your Favorite Color Says About Your Personality
The color you love most tends to be very telling of your personality. For example, people who prefer extremely bright colors often have “big” personalities or are quite extraverted, whereas those who opt for softer hues may be more soft-spoken and keep to themselves. Of course, these are just generalizations, and everyone is different, but it’s fun to explore the link between color and personality.
What’s your favorite color? Find it on this list:
1. Purple — If your favorite color is purple, you may be an intuitive or empathic person who can easily pick up on the true motives and intentions of those around you. You are also probably fairly sure of yourself and possess a fair amount of confidence. You also may have an uncanny ability to influence others. Sound familiar?
2. Green — It’s common for people who love green to be fans of nature. Your friends may be more likely to find you outdoors on a pretty day than inside watching TV. According to Psychology Today, “Those who love the color green are often affectionate, loyal and frank. Green lovers are also aware of what others think of them and consider their reputation very important.” True or untrue?
3. Blue — Lovers of blue are often lovers of peace. If you prefer blue to any other hue, you probably dislike conflict, but that doesn’t mean you can’t handle yourself well in a conflict should one arise. Those who prefer blue often have a need to get away and be by themselves to recharge. Does this sound like you?
4. Black — Those whose favorite color is black usually care little for what others think of them. They are true originals and tend to have an offbeat taste in music and movies. “You strive for power and control in life, but are often artistic and intuitive and do not share things well with others. You’re above average, worldly, conventional, proper, polite, and regal. While black may mean ‘depression’ to the clinical psychologist, to you it means ‘dignity,'” stated the article What Does Your Favorite Color Say About You? Does any of this ring true?
What Is Your Favorite Color?
In some cases, a person’s favorite color does not reflect their personality type. But more often than not, it does. Do you feel your favorite color reflects your personality type? Why or why not? Please share your comments with us in the section below.
Read More Segmation Blog Posts About Color:
- How Color Affects Brain Functioning
- Can Depression Change the Way People See Color?
- The Color That Promotes Attraction
Be an Artist in 2 minutes with Segmation SegPlay® Online (see more details here)